Pop des fleur—a community outreach program of the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh. The South Side Community Council’s Green N’ At Committee is working with the Fiber Arts Guild to have our wonderful neighborhood has a testing installation site in the city. This is a wonderful opportunity for the community to come together to create a beautiful and eco‐friendly art installation in the South Side. All ages can and should participate! http://www.popdesfleurs.com
SAVE THE DATE – Public Workshops and Tutorials
Come join us at the South Side Carnegie Library to learn and create recycled flowers! We’ll have materials on hand, but encourage you to bring your own recycled bags, table cloths and yarn too!
- Tuesday, January 20th, basement conference room from 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, January 26th, basement conference room from 6-8 p.m.
There are many ways to make flowers for crafters, knitters, crocheters, beginners and experts, children to senior citizens!
- http://www.popdesfleurs.com/tutorials [variety of methods]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrbmf6R4tKU [bag, rubber band, pencil or paper clip]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnX28Qirgw [wire, floral tape]
Flowers should be made of recycled plastic bags, recycled plastic table cloths or acrylic yarn. The colors for the South Side are: Red, Orange and Green*
We are collecting donated materials at the South Side Carnegie Library, or you can contact Jenn Holliman at Jennifer.email@example.com and she will arrange to pick up the materials.
* other colored bags may be used in conjunction with the red, orange and green theme.
Come check out the current South Side installation sites!
- South Side Carnegie Library railing
- Fence across from 2415 Wrights Way